It’s so easy to make this creamy chocolate cheesecake ice cream recipe. The flavor combines two of the most delicious desserts into one mouthwatering treat!
It’s no secret that chocolate cheesecake is one of the most popular desserts in the United States. In fact, there are even restaurants that specialize in this dessert.
Want another way to enjoy the combination of two of America’s favorite sweets, chocolate and cheesecake, into one mouth-watering treat? Give yourself a serving of chocolate cheesecake ice cream!
The creamy, rich chocolate flavor is perfectly balanced by the tangy, cheesecake-like taste, resulting in a frozen dessert that is sure to please everyone. Whether you’re a fan of chocolate or cheesecake, or simply enjoy a good ice cream, you’re sure to love this recipe.
The ingredients for this ice cream recipe are simple, but the results are delicious.
Here’s what you’ll need to make the easy frozen treat:
- Cream cheese is what gives cheesecake its classic flavor.
- Sugar or a sugar substitute is used to sweeten the frozen dessert. Use sugar for regular ice cream and a keto-friendly sweetener for low-carb ice cream.
- Heavy cream provides plenty of milk fat for a creamy texture.
- Sour cream adds fat and a tangy flavor typical of cheesecake.
- Unsweetened cocoa powder gives a chocolate flavor.
- Flavor extracts are used to enhance the chocolate cheesecake taste. Vanilla extract and lemon extract are recommended.
Beat cream cheese with sugar or sweetener until well blended.
Add in the heavy cream, sour cream, and cocoa. Blend until smooth.
Blend in the flavor extract then cover and set in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours.
Remove from the refrigerator and beat mixture until creamy.
Transfer to an ice cream maker and process until desired consistency is reached.
Enjoy immediate as a soft serve or transfer to an airtight freezer container to harden for scoopable ice cream.
You can make it your own by adding your favorite ingredients and flavors. Try to experiment with different ingredients to create something new and delicious!
- Swirl in caramel sauce. If you like the taste of caramel chocolate cheesecake, you can swirl in your favorite caramel sauce into the ice cream after it is churned.
- Mix in crushed Oreos. Adding in chocolate cookie swirls is a great option!
- Stir in graham cracker crumbs. For even more cheesecake flavor, you can crush graham crackers and stir the crumbs in.
- Add cherry flavor. If you love the taste of cherry chocolate cheesecake, add in a teaspoon of cherry extract or stir in real fruit.
Creamy cheesecake flavored ice cream is best served in frozen scoops. It can be enjoyed on its own or as part of a dessert. This flavor is perfect for those who love chocolate and cheesecake but it’s sure to satisfy any sweet tooth.
You can also make a caramel cheesecake ice cream sundae by adding a caramel topping and whipped cream. A sprinkling of graham cracker crumbs on top makes a flavorful graham cracker exterior!
Cheesecake ice cream tastes like a creamy, rich dessert that combines the flavors of cheesecake and ice cream. It’s a popular flavor for those who love both cheesecake and ice cream, and it’s often described as being very smooth and flavorful.
Cheesecake ice cream is made of cream cheese, sugar, eggs, and heavy cream.
Make your favorite ice cream base with cream cheese and sour cream added. Let it cool completely. Then add it to an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Looking for more cool treats to enjoy in summer? These are some of our favorites!
- Peach Ice Cream Recipe With No Eggs can easily be made low-carb and keto-friendly.
- Filipino Fruit Salad Recipe with Cream Cheese is great for sharing at potlucks.
- Macaroni Fruit Salad is a Filipino style dessert or side dish perfect for BBQs.
- Gummy Candy Kabobs Skewers are fun to make with kids over summer vacation.
- Raspberry Cheesecake Ice Cream is another great variation of cheesecake flavored ice cream.
Chocolate Cheesecake Ice Cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar or sugar substitute for low-carb
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon lemon extract optional
- 1 teaspoon cherry extract optional
- Beat cream cheese with sweeteners until well blended.
- Beat in heavy cream, sour cream, and cocoa until smooth.
- Blend in the extracts.
- Cover and set in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator and beat until creamy.
- Transfer to an ice cream maker and process until desired consistency is reached.