Looking for a simple meat dish that you can cook quickly in an air fryer? This air fryer teriyaki chicken recipe features juicy chicken breasts coated in a sweet and savory sauce. It’s perfect for a quick and easy dinner that will leave you feeling satisfied.
When you need dinner on the table fast, try this simple chicken recipe. It’s a simple dish that requires only a couple ingredients.
The meat cooks quickly in an air fryer so it can be on the table within a half hour. Adding store-bought teriyaki sauce makes the dish super easy and adds a delicious Asian flare!
You only need 2 simple ingredients to make this easy air fryer teriyaki chicken recipe! We also like to add sesame seeds as a garnish when serving.
Here’s what you’ll need to make the simple meat dish:
- Boneless chicken breasts
- Teriyaki sauce
To make air fryer teriyaki chicken simply preheat the air fryer, cook the chicken, then top it off with the sauce. That’s it!
Cook the chicken
Once the air fryer is preheated, place your chicken breast pieces in the basket and cook for five minutes.
Flip each chicken piece over. Then air fry for an additional five minutes.
Brush on half of the teriyaki sauce and air fry for another five minutes.
Flip the chicken pieces over again and brush on the remaining teriyaki sauce. Continue to air fry for another three minutes.
- Use a high quality sauce. There are a lot of delicious pre-made sauces available that are perfect for air fryer teriyaki chicken. My husband like Sweet Baby Ray’s but if you want a good paleo-friendly version, try the one by Primal Kitchen.
- Marinate the chicken for a few hours. If you have time, it’s best to let the meat marinate in the sauce for at least 30 minutes before cooking. Marinated chicken breasts cooked in an air fryer will be more tender and have added flavor!
- Substitute the breast with thigh meat. Chicken thighs will be more juicy and flavorful than breast meat.
- Cut the meat into smaller pieces. For more even and faster cooking, cut the chicken into bite-sized chunks.
For a simple dinner idea, serve this delicious teriyaki chicken over rice with a side of steamed vegetables. It’s a classic Asian-inspired meal!
We also like to use chicken teriyaki pieces inside of a wrap or bread slices for a quick and easy lunch option. It’s also perfect as a salad topping for a delicious and filling dinner.
It takes about 15 minutes for the air fryer to cook chicken. But cooking time varies on size and whether the meat is boneless or not.
Air frying chicken is a healthier option than baking because it uses less oil. Plus, an air fryer cooks meat faster than using an oven.
There are many recipes for homemade teriyaki sauce available online. Most recipes call for soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, ginger, and garlic. You can adjust the recipe to your taste by adding more or less of any of the ingredients.
Looking for more simple air fryer recipes like this teriyaki chicken? Here’s a few of our favorites.
- Steak tips in air fryer is a great way to enjoy a juicy, delicious steak without all the fuss.
- Air fryer frozen fish is a convenient and healthy option for dinner.
- Roast beef in air fryer gives you to get the same crispy, golden brown crust on the outside and juicy, tender interior that you would get from roasting in a traditional oven.
- Air fryer marinated chicken has a delicious flavor and moist texture.
Air Fryer Teriyaki Chicken
- 4 pieces of boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 4 tablespoons bottled teriyaki glaze not marinade
- ¼ teaspoon sesame seeds optional glaze
- Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 400°F.
- Place chicken in the fryer basket and cook for 5 minutes.
- Flip chicken over. Air fry for 5 minutes.
- Brush on half of the teriyaki glaze. Air fry for 5 minutes.
- Flip chicken over again and glaze with remaining teriyaki sauce. Air fry for 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Air fry for 2 minutes.
- Place thighs on a cutting board and slice into bite-sized pieces.