If you haven’t tried marinated chicken breasts in the air fryer, you are in for a treat. This recipe is super simple and the meat comes out juicy with lots of flavor every time.
Air fryers have become a popular appliance in recent years because they offer a way to cook food with little to no oil. This makes them a healthy option, as well as a convenient one, as they can cook most foods in under 20 minutes.
I have always been a fan of chicken, but I always found myself bored of eating the same thing over and over. So, I decided to try something different and marinated chicken breast in a variety of spices and condiments before cooking it in the air fryer.
The end result was amazing! The juicy air fryer chicken was so tender and flavorful that I didn’t need to add any sauce. If you’re looking for a new and exciting way to cook chicken, then I recommend giving this recipe a try.
This air fryer chicken breast recipe is simple, requiring just a few ingredients and easy cooking instructions.
Skinless chicken breasts are used. But boneless chicken thighs work well too.
Olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, and apple cider vinegar combine for the base of the marinade.
Garlic powder, ground ginger, ground black pepper, and chili powder up the flavor.
To offset the saltiness of the soy sauce and tartness of the vinegar, a little sweetener is added into the marinade. Use a low-carb sweetener to make the recipe keto-friendly.
Note: The full list of ingredients along with the amounts used are shown in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
The chicken is first marinated in a flavorful mixture of olive oil, vinegar, garlic, and seasonings, then air fried until cooked through. The end result is a juicy, tender piece of chicken that’s been infused with delicious flavor.
Prepare the marinade
It only takes a minute to make your own homemade marinade and you control the ingredients. Just whisk everything together in a 2-cup glass measure!
You can marinate the chicken in a shallow baking dish or zipper bag. Place the chicken breasts in the container then pour the marinade over it. Cover the dish or seal the bag. Allow the chicken to marinate for at least an hour in the refrigerator.
Cook marinated chicken in the air fryer basket at 360°F for 12 to 14 minutes or until the meat tests done with a meat thermometer. Larger chicken breasts will require a longer cooking time.
Remove and let the chicken rest. Resting allows the cooking juices to reabsorb into the meat making more moist. If desired, you can slice it up before serving.
- Thaw meat before marinating. If using frozen chicken breasts, you’ll need to thaw them first so the marinade can penetrate through the meat.
- Grease the air fryer basket. A light layer of oil or cooking spray on the basket can help prevent the chicken from sticking.
- Use a meat thermometer. Boneless skinless chicken breasts can come become dry and rubbery if overcooked. That’s why it’s important to remove them once fully cooked at 165°F.
This recipe for marinated chicken in air fryer is perfect for a quick and easy meal. However, you can also customize it to fit your own taste preferences.
For example, you could add different spices or herbs to the marinade, or use a different type of chicken. You can also use lemon juice instead of vinegar or brown sugar substitute instead of white sweetener.
Yes, you can put marinated meat in an air fryer. However, you may need to adjust the cooking time, as the marinade may add moisture to the meat.
Yes, you can put raw chicken in an air fryer. However, you should be careful not to overcrowd the air fryer, as this could lead to uneven cooking. Also, make sure to cook the chicken to an internal temperature of 165°F.
The time it takes to cook chicken in an air fryer will vary depending on the size and thickness of the chicken, as well as the power of your air fryer. As a general rule, aim to cook chicken for about 15-20 minutes at 370 degrees F.
The length of time you should marinate chicken depends on the ingredients in the marinade and the cut of chicken. In general, it is best to let chicken soak in a marinade for at least 30 minutes, but no more than 12 hours.
Want to try a few more easy low-carb recipes? Here’s a few of our favorites.
- Carbquik biscuits have the same buttermilk flavor that you get with regular baking mixes.
- Keto egg muffins are an excellent way to make your breakfast ahead and take it with you on the go.
- Ground turkey chili is a healthy and delicious meal that cooks up in a slow cooker.
- Coconut flour onion bagels are a tasty low-carb breakfast option.
Air Fryer Marinated Chicken
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweetener of choice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts about 24 ounces
- Olive oil
- In medium mixing bowl, combine the marinade ingredients.
- Place chicken into a zipper bag and add in the marinade. Seal and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Preheat air fryer to 360°F if needed.
- Place marinated chicken in the basket and cook for 12 to 14 minutes. There should be no need to flip the meat but you can halfway if needed.