If you are looking for a delicious and healthy keto shrimp fried rice recipe, you have come to the right place! This dish is loaded with flavor and nutrition, making it the perfect meal for any occasion.
A fried riced cauliflower with shrimp is such an easy skillet to make. Buying the cauliflower already shredded makes it even easier! Plus, it it can be made in just a few minutes.
This simple skillet dish is a great way to get your seafood fix while sticking to your low carb diet. It’s also a great way to use up leftover cauliflower rice, so be sure to give it a try!
The shrimp are cooked with vegetables, then mixed with cauliflower rice, seasonings, and scrambled eggs. It’s simple, healthy, and delicious!
Reasons to love
Fried rice is a popular dish in many cultures, and there are countless variations. But traditional rice is full of starch and carbs. That’s why it’s best to use a keto rice substitute.
This keto shrimp fried rice is a delicious low-carb version that is perfect for a quick and easy meal. It is made with healthy cauliflower fried rice instead of white rice, which makes the carb count much lower.
Shrimp is used as the main protein source, but you could also use chicken or beef if you want to change things up.
The ingredients you will need for shrimp fried cauliflower rice are pretty basic and easily found in any grocery store. It’s just a mix of seafood, vegetables, eggs, seasonings, and cooking oil.
You’ll need peeled and deveined shrimp. You can uncooked fresh or frozen shrimp.
A mix of fresh cauliflower rice, diced carrots, red bell pepper, green beans, and onion is used. Although fresh is preferred, you can use frozen cauliflower rice.
The dish is seasoned with garlic, ground ginger, salt, ground black pepper, and gluten-free soy sauce or tamari sauce. If you are avoiding soy, coconut aminos can be used instead.
Scrambled eggs add texture and protein to to the dish.
Sesame seed oil is typically used in fried rice but avocado oil or olive oil can be used instead.
NOTE: The full list of ingredients along with the amounts used are in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
The instructions for making this low-carb fried rice are simple. Just follow these easy step-by-step directions.
The first step is to cook the eggs by pouring the scrambled eggs into the pan and then stirring until they are fully cooked and broken up. Remove the cooked eggs from the skillet.
The next step is to add the oil, onion, garlic, mixed vegetables, and shrimp. Cook, stirring occasionally, until veggies and shrimp are fully cooked.
Add the cauliflower rice, soy sauce, black pepper, ground ginger, and eggs to the same pan and cook until the cauliflower is soft. Serve immediately.
- Don’t overcook the riced cauliflower. It only take about 3 minutes to cook the cauliflower rice. If cooked too long, it can become mushy and soggy.
- Thaw your shrimp if they are frozen. You can do this by placing them in a colander and running cold water over them for a few minutes. Or, you can place them in a bowl and cover with cold water for about 30 minutes.
- Don’t thaw frozen cauliflower rice. If making the dish with frozen riced cauliflower, it can be used right from the freezer. It may just take a little longer to cook.
- Try cooking it on a Blackstone! Just follow the same directions as making chicken fried rice on Blackstone.
This keto shrimp fried rice is a delicious, easy-to-make meal that’s perfect for a light lunch or dinner. You can easily customize it to your liking by adding your favorite vegetables.
It’s best served right after cooking with a sprinkling of soy sauce or hot sauce for extra flavor. It pairs well with beef dishes like Filipino bistek or air fryer steak. You can also serve it with keto pepper steak or Japanese hamburger steak.
Before getting to the full printable recipe, I wanted to go over some of the most common questions people have about thee dish.
Keto shrimp fried rice is a low-carbohydrate, high-fat version of the popular Chinese dish. The rice is replaced with cauliflower rice, and shrimp are used instead of chicken or pork.
The best way to cook keto shrimp fried rice is by stir-frying the shrimp in a small amount of oil until they are pink and just cooked through, then setting them aside. Sauté the onion and garlic in the same pan until softened, then add the riced cauliflower and cook for 3-4 minutes until tender. Stir in the cooked shrimp, soy sauce, and sesame oil, then serve hot.
The biggest difference between keto shrimp fried rice and regular shrimp fried rice is that keto shrimp fried rice doesn’t use any type of rice. Instead, it uses cauliflower “rice” which is a low-carb, grain-free alternative.
Yes, keto shrimp fried rice is healthy. It is low in carbs and high in protein.
Regular shrimp fried rice contains 30 grams or more of carbohydrates. The carbs per serving for this keto version is just 14 grams total carbs with 4 grams fiber which results in 10 grams net carbs.
Want to try a few more easy recipes that are also keto-friendly? Here’s some of our most popular low-carb recipes.
- Coconut flour bagels come with a tasty onion flavor.
- Keto peanut butter fat bombs have a smooth and silky texture just like fudge.
- Carbquik biscuits are super simple to make because they are made with a low-carb a buttermilk baking mix.
- Keto egg muffins are a simple breakfast option that can be made ahead.
Keto Shrimp Fried Rice
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 2 small baby carrots
- ½ cup green beans sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper chopped
- ½ medium white onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 ½ tablespoons sesame seed oil
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 4 large eggs beaten
- 1 pound raw shrimp
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- crushed red pepper or sriracha (optional)
- Pulse cauliflower in a food processor until it’s a rice-like consistency. (Don’t have a food processor? Most grocery stores now sell fresh and/or frozen cauliflower rice).
- In a large skillet, spray pan with nonstick spray. Add the eggs and stir until cooked. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, add oil, onion, garlic, mixed vegetables, and shrimp. Cook until veggies and shrimp are fully cooked.
- Add cauliflower rice, soy sauce, black pepper, ginger and eggs. Mix well.
- Serve with crushed red pepper or sriracha for a spicy kick.