These 3 Ingredient peanut butter cookies will satisfy any peanut butter lover. Not only are they easy to make, but they’re also keto! These cookies make a great guilt-free treat!
I’m always looking for easy recipes to make for myself and my family. Peanut butter is a favorite in our household, making these simple cookies a hit!
If you’re gluten-free or dairy-free, don’t worry, you can enjoy these cookies too! That’s a big one for me because I have been gluten and dairy free for three years now.
You can make these cookies for an easy snack to have on hand, but they also make a great treat to bring to parties or give as a gift.
This recipe is so easy, you’ll want to make it again and again!
What You Need For Keto 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
These cookies can be made easily with ingredients you probably already have on hand. All you need is peanut butter, a sugar substitute, and one egg! That’s really it!
- Use a cookie scoop. To speed things up and ensure the cookies are the same size, I always use a cookie scoop. The cookies also bake more evenly if they are a uniform size.
- Line the pan. To prevent the cookies from sticking, I like to use a silicone baking mat that fits my pan. You can also cut a piece of parchment paper to fit as a liner. Lining the pan makes cleanup easier too!
- Egg should be at room temperature. The dough will come together best when your eggs aren’t chilled.
- Try an egg substitute. Make these cookies vegan by replacing the eggs. Just blend together 1½ tablespoons psyllium husk with 3 tablespoons of water. To make things even easier, you can use a commercially prepared egg replacer like Bob’s Red Mill GF Egg Replacer.
- Dip in chocolate. If you love the taste of peanut butter cups, melt some low-carb chocolate and dip in half the cookie. Then just set them on parchment paper or a silicone mat to set.
How To Make 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
All of the ingredients and recipe steps are available in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post. But you’ll find some step-by-step photos and tips here to help you make the perfect cookies.
Prep The Ingredients
The egg and egg yolk should be brought to room temperature by allowing it to sit for an hour. If you’re impatient like me, you can place each egg in warm water for 10-15 minutes to speed things up.
Making The Dough
When all of the ingredients are prepped, you can begin to make the dough. Combine the peanut butter, sugar substitute, and egg in a medium bowl.
Scoop And Bake
Drop rounded tablespoon size pieces onto lined cookie sheet. Press each flat with the tines of a fork. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Cool And Enjoy!
Cool on cookie sheet for 5 to 10 minutes then move to cooling rack to cool completely.
Frequently Asked Questions
What brand of peanut butter is keto?
Any peanut butter that’s made with just peanuts or peanuts and salt is fine to use. Just make sure there is no added sugar. If it doesn’t contain salt, you’ll want to add in a pinch of salt to the batter. The salt enhances the flavor!
Are there good add-ins?
I like to change these up by adding in some chopped peanuts or keto-friendly chocolate chips. But feel free to experiment.
What sugar substitute should I use?
For keto baking, I recommend using a one-for-one sugar substitute like Lakanto or Swerve. But other granular sweeteners can be used as well. Some companies like King Arthur even make baking sugar alternative blends.
How do I store the cookies?
The cookies are fine to store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week. You can also flash freeze the batter in scoops and bake them frozen for only a few fresh cookies at a time. The baked cookies can also be frozen for up to 3 months or stored in the refrigerator for several weeks.
Keto 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
I’ve made a lot of cookie recipes. This one is by far one of my favorites because it’s so simple. These cookies are all around great!
The recipe is also versatile because you can dress up the cookies by adding in chopped nuts or baking chips. And dipping them in chocolate brings them to a whole new level!
More Low-Carb Ideas
If you’re on a keto diet, be sure to check out some of my keto tips!
- Keto Macros for Weight Loss Success will help you make sense of how to optimize your daily intake of fat, protein, and carbs.
- 10+ Healthy Meal Prep Ideas for Weight Loss on Keto shows you how to make following a low-carb much easier with simple planning.
- Low-Carb Rice Substitutes For Keto make delicious side dishes to serve with all your meat and fish dishes.
3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies (Keto)
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup low-carb sugar substitute
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In medium bowl, mix together peanut butter, sugar substitute and egg.
- Drop rounded tablespoon size pieces onto lined cookie sheet. Press each flat with the tines of a fork.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on cookie sheet for 5 to 10 minutes then move to cooling rack to cool completely.