These easy low-carb cookies are sure to satisfy. Not only are these keto 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies easy to make, but they taste amazing too! So go ahead and make a batch for a delicious guilt-free treat!
I’m always looking for easy recipes to make for myself and my family. Peanut butter is a favorite in our household, making these simple cookies a hit!
If you’re gluten-free or dairy-free, don’t worry, you can enjoy these cookies too! That’s a big one for me because I have been gluten and dairy free for three years now.
You can make these cookies for an easy snack to have on hand, but they also make a great treat to bring to parties or give as a gift.
This recipe is so easy, you’ll want to make it again and again!
These keto peanut butter cookies can be made easily with just 3 ingredients you probably already have on hand. All you need is natural peanut butter (the kind without added sugar), a sugar substitute, and one egg! That’s really it!
- Use a cookie scoop. To speed things up and ensure the cookies are the same size, I always use a cookie scoop. The cookies also bake more evenly if they are a uniform size.
- Line the pan. To prevent the peanut butter keto cookies from sticking, I like to use a silicone baking mat that fits my pan. You can also cut a piece of parchment paper to fit as a liner. Lining the pan makes cleanup easier too!
- Egg should be at room temperature. The dough will come together best when your eggs aren’t chilled.
- Try an egg substitute. Make these cookies vegan by replacing the eggs. Just blend together 1½ tablespoons psyllium husk with 3 tablespoons of water. To make things even easier, you can use a commercially prepared egg replacer like Bob’s Red Mill GF Egg Replacer.
- Dip in chocolate. If you love the taste of peanut butter cups, melt some low-carb chocolate and dip in half the cookie. Then just set them on parchment paper or a silicone mat to set.
All of the ingredients and recipe steps are available in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post. But you’ll find some step-by-step photos and tips here to help you make the perfect keto peanut butter cookies cookies.
Prep The Ingredients
The egg and egg yolk should be brought to room temperature by allowing it to sit for an hour. If you’re impatient like me, you can place each egg in warm water for 10-15 minutes to speed things up.
Making The Dough
When all of the ingredients are prepped, you can begin to make the dough. Combine the natural peanut butter, sugar substitute, and egg in a medium bowl.
Scoop And Bake
Drop rounded tablespoon size pieces onto lined cookie sheet. Press each flat with the tines of a fork. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Cool And Enjoy!
Cool on cookie sheet for 5 to 10 minutes then move to cooling rack to cool completely.
Frequently Asked Questions
Before getting to the recipe card, let’s go over some of the most common questions people have about these keto peanut butter cookies.
Just look for peanut butter brands that are made with just peanuts or peanuts and salt. You’ll want to make sure there is no added sugar. If it doesn’t contain salt, you’ll want to add in a pinch of salt to the batter. The salt enhances the flavor!
I like to change these up by adding in some chopped peanuts or sugar free chocolate chips. But feel free to experiment.
For keto baking, I recommend using a one-for-one sugar substitute like Lakanto or Swerve. But other granular sweeteners can be used as well. Some companies like King Arthur even make baking sugar alternative blends.
The keto peanut butter cookies are fine to store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week. You can also flash freeze the batter in scoops and bake them frozen for only a few fresh cookies at a time. The baked cookies can also be frozen for up to 3 months or stored in the refrigerator for several weeks.
Why you’ll love them
I’ve made a lot of cookie recipes. This one is by far one of my favorites because it’s so simple. These keto peanut butter cookies are all around great!
The recipe is also versatile because you can dress up the cookies by adding in chopped nuts or baking chips. And dipping them in chocolate brings them to a whole new level!
You can also make these with other nut or seed butters. For those with peanut or nut allergies, try making them with sunflower seed butter or tahini. Almond or hazelnut butter works great too!
If you want to try a recipe made with a keto-friendly flour, check out my peanut butter almond flour cookies.
More Low-Carb Ideas
If you’re on a keto diet, be sure to check out some of my keto tips!
- Keto Macros for Weight Loss Success will help you make sense of how to optimize your daily intake of fat, protein, and carbs.
- 10+ Healthy Meal Prep Ideas for Weight Loss on Keto shows you how to make following a low-carb much easier with simple planning.
- Low-Carb Rice Substitutes For Keto make delicious side dishes to serve with all your meat and fish dishes.
- Gluten-free Dairy Free Chocolate Chip Cookies are soft and chewy baked treats that can easily be made keto-friendly.
Keto 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup low-carb sugar substitute
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In medium bowl, mix together peanut butter, sugar substitute and egg.
- Drop rounded tablespoon size pieces onto lined cookie sheet. Press each flat with the tines of a fork.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on cookie sheet for 5 to 10 minutes then move to cooling rack to cool completely.
These are so good. Such a treat for my cut days!
I always rate for a minimal amount of ingredients and minimal cooking/baking time! Your recipe is a treasure. 🙂 I am going to make it ASAP.
ALL THE YES to keto cookies! these need to show up on my kitchen counter, like yesterday! YUM
This peanut butter cookie recipe is perfect to make with the kids. It’s simple with just 3 ingredients and yummy! All the good stuff.
Yummy! These look so easy and delicious! Definitely making these cookies as soon as possible!
Such a great basic. We all love these! Thank you!
Love peanut butter cookies so thank you for this healthier version!
Hope you love this keto version as much as we do!
great fast treat!
I can’t believe how simple the ingredients are!!! I pinned to try it later.
Do you think you can use any type of nut or seed butter for this?
Yes! I’ve made these cookies with almond butter, walnut butter, and sunflower seed butter.
does any peanut butter work or is there a specific one
Any peanut butter works but you need one without added sugar to keep it keto.