This rich and creamy hot or iced white chocolate mocha recipe is just like Starbucks. It’s made with white chocolate baking chips, coffee, milk, and a little bit of sugar or sweetener. It is the perfect drink for an afternoon boost.
This white chocolate coffee drink has been a popular item on the Starbucks menu for years. It’s made with espresso, steamed milk, and white chocolate syrup. The syrup is what gives the drink its sweetness and rich flavor.
To make the perfect copycat recipe, it is important to use high-quality ingredients. But you can definitely customize the drink to your liking if you make it yourself.
Some coffee lovers find the sweetness of the drink to be overpowering. Others argue that it is not truly a “mocha” because it does not contain any chocolate.
With this recipe, you can make a copycat Starbucks iced white chocolate mocha or keep it a hot coffee shop style drink. A hot drink topped with whipped cream is perfect for wintertime while the iced version is great for summer.
Although the original Starbucks drink uses a flavored syrup, we like to use a homemade white chocolate sauce for our white mocha recipe. Our drink ingredients are also super easy to make adapt into a keto-friendly version!
Here’s what you’ll need to make this Starbucks copycat coffee drink:
- White chocolate baking chips are used to flavor the homemade sauce
- Vanilla syrup is easy to find and enhances the flavor. But you can add a small amount of vanilla extract instead.
- Heavy whipping cream and almond milk are combined to add richness without the carbs of regular whole milk. However, any milk can be used.
- Espresso provides the coffee flavor.
- Coconut oil is added for those who want a little more fat to keep them full. Feel free to omit the oil to reduce the calories.
Assuming you have all the right ingredients, making a white chocolate mocha Starbucks drink at home is easy. Just follow these simple steps and you’ll have a delicious drink in no time.
White chocolate sauce
To make your own white chocolate sauce, combine the almond milk, heavy whipping cream, sugar free vanilla syrup, white chocolate chips and coconut oil to a small saucepan over medium heat on the stove. Stir and cook the mixture until the baking chips are melted.
Let the sauce cool a bit. For iced white mocha coffee drinks, pour the slightly cooled sauce over ice in two tall glasses.
Pour in the espresso and stir it into the white chocolate sauce.
Top the drinks off with sweetened whipped cream and enjoy!
- Use instant espresso. There’s no need to brew the strong coffee in an espresso machine. An instant granular powder is fine to use instead.
- Vary the taste. Try a different syrup or extract in the sauce. Caramel or hazel are great alternatives!
- Add extra toppings. Drizzle sweet syrup or sauce over the whipped cream or sprinkle on mini baking chips.
There are many ways to enjoy a white chocolate mocha Starbucks copycat. Here are a few suggestions to help you get the most out of this delicious coffee drink.
One great way to enjoy a white mocha is by pairing it with a dessert. A rich and sweet treat like Carbquik cake is the perfect pairing after a meal.
Another great way to enjoy this coffee drink is by sipping on it slowly while working when you need a caffeine boost. This rich and creamy beverage is perfect for savoring and enjoying over an extended period of time.
Whether you’re looking for an afternoon pick-me-up or something to help you start your day, the coffee shop drink is sure to hit the spot.
There are variations of this drink that include adding different syrups, such as caramel or hazelnut. You can also top your drink with whipped cream and sprinkles.
Enjoy this white chocolate mocha hot or iced. It is sure to please any coffee lover’s palate.
Before getting to the recipe, you’ll find answers to commonly asked questions about the drink.
Yes, white chocolate mochas have coffee. The coffee gives the drink a slight bitterness that helps to balance out the sweetness of the white chocolate.
A white chocolate mocha is a coffee drink that contains white chocolate and espresso. The drink is typically made with milk, but can also be made with water or cream.
The difference between a white chocolate mocha and a regular mocha is that the white version is a sweeter version that contains white chocolate in place of regular chocolate.
Not sure what to serve with an iced white mocha Starbucks copycat drink? We love to serve ours with cookies! Here’s a few recommendations.
- Carbquik Chocolate Chip Cookies are every bit as tasty as the real thing – but without all the carbs!
- Almond Flour Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies have a soft and chewy texture to satisfy any sweet tooth.
- Keto No Bake Cookies With Coconut are made with only a few simple ingredients that you likely already have on hand.
- Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies are perfect for those with dietary restrictions.
- Keto 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies are simple to make and they are also very tasty.
White Chocolate Mocha (Starbucks CopyCat)
- 2 shots espresso
- 1 cup almond milk use regular milk for non-keto
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream use regular milk for non-keto
- 2 teaspoon vanilla syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil melted (omit for non-keto)
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips
- ice optional
- whipped cream for garnish
- Add the almond milk, heavy whipping cream, sugar free vanilla syrup, white chocolate chips and coconut oil to a saucepan over medium heat on the stove. Stir and cook until the chips are melted and well combined.
- Let the white chocolate mixture cool a bit.
- If making a hot drink, pour the warm white chocolate mixture evenly into two cups, and pour the espresso on top. Top with whipped cream if desired.
- If making a cold drink, add the ice to the two cups, before pouring in the white chocolate mixture. Pour in the espresso, and top with whipped cream if you like.